Should I just let him do it for me...? (Hoarding)

Ok I am not a very good house keeper but I try when company is coming I do bust my butt, but as far as everyday goes I only do what I can or the obvious.
I don't want to say I am a hoarder but I do save alot of paper(like stuff kids did at schoo) anyway my dh was bitching about it and all I could say was I know I know I know this has to be done but I don't feel like it (then he starts to do it for me) but I know he will throw everything away...Sometimes I just want to turn the other cheek and let me go at it, but those a setimental for me. (Go figure) I don't know what to do...:( Yet I don't want him bitching at me either it puts me in a bad mood as well, then he's like you don't have to get upset I am just telling you what needs to be done. I just tell him to leave me alone It will get done but at my timing. Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Ummmm yeah but that's because I do clean everyday and I couldn't live in that type of chaos.
    ShoesRLove

Answer by ShoesRLove at 1:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Get one of those large rubbermaid containers for each kid. Put all the important (to you) things in them. Keep them in the basement or out of the way, and he won't be bothered by them, and you'll have them safely tucked away.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i get attatched to things my kids draw, too. things like that are just too precious to throw away (at least to me.. not hubby-- i guess we're in the same boat) but what i did was i got a plastic bin to put all the things i didn't want going into the garbage. he didn't care how disorganized this bin was, as long as it didn't affect the order of the house.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I agree with previous post get some bins.. someday he might be happy you kept all those things when the kids are grown.. my mom didn't keep anything of mine but i wish she did..
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You can't organize clutter. If you think that something is precious then keep it on display. (Make a display wall or area.) When that area is full, you need to say goodbye to some of those things.
    For bills: I have a notebook with sheet protecters in it. I labeled each one with a bill name. I put all of the year's bills in that book in the proper file. When I put the new one in I pull the corresponding one for the last year out and shred it.
    For school, we keep only what was really really good. If the kids want to keep something, it goes into thier room. I always say throw away now, or throw away later?
    Go to www.flylady.net and see if she can help you.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I do save some of my kids stuff- but I am getting very picky about what I keep as I don't have room for everything they do. I have a rubbermaid tub and put the 'keepsakes' in there. other times after I am done displaying the artwork I will recycle the art work on to grandmas, and my sis-- they love to get (and display) the artwork.
    Another suggestion-- take a picture of your child with his/her artwork or special things and then when you have a good size collection of pictures scrapbook them or make a collage out of them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Do you have a digital camera? You can take a pic of each thing they draw/make and then you have them on the computer should you ever want to look at them but it doesn't take up any space. And then only keep the very special items in a large rubbermaid (limit one per child) that you can keep under their bed or in storage.

Answer by missanc at 2:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2009