I love my husband, but I'm IN LOVE with my ex. I can't let him go, and I can't help but think the life I have now should've been with him, not my husband. We broke up becuase I wasn't willing to travel to be the perfect Air Force wife, and now that he;s out of the Air Force, he wants to be with me. It's hurting me so bad, but my son deserves his father- not some guy he's never met. What's a girl to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• grow up You already blew it once..if you keep thinking like you're thinking youre gonna blow it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2008

• It's easy to remember the best in a past relationship. One thing is usually the last straw rather than the only reason. What kind of man is he to be asking a married woman with a family to break it off or cheat? If he doesn't value your vows to another what's to stop him from respecting promises to you? Your family deserves better. Marriage isn't just a love affair but a commitment. Break it off completly, don't tempt yourself or give your husband a reason to mistrust you.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 20, 2008

• I agree with h3art.... We fall in and out of love with our partners throughout our relationship. This has been a struggle for me, but I do love my husband, even if sometimes I don't feel "in love" with him. Don't do something stupid that can never be undone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2008

• Darling i kno how u feel but me and my ex are not together because he got married in the process of planning our wedding! but i still LOVE him because he was my first boyfriend my first sex partner and my first childs father and now that i am married I feel that my life shouldve been with him but i dont kno how he feels. But baby if u didnt love her husband u wouldnt of said I DO and that is a big step! So i think that u should jus stay with ur Husband but allow ur sons father to be in his life I mean have times where he may come over and get his son and spend time with him! But i seriousky think that you should jus follow your heart if your heart is not with your husband then yall talk about it and disguss the out come and if its with your sons father then you go. But dont leave anyone guessing or wondering about anythig.
    Miz.JaY

Answer by Miz.JaY at 11:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2008

• Hindsight is 20/20....the grass always look greener on the other side...a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Okay...you didn't bite the "perfect life" the first time with him...so why do you think the 2nd time will be better. Now that he is out of the military, it means he would be around you more to get on your nerves more and you would start to see his faults just like you see hubby's faults. I say let him go...don't go backwards...use the fantasy of loving him to heat up the juices for hubby.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 12:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• I always say "AN EX IS AN EX FOR A REASON".
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• Stay with your husband. I am a Marine Wife and I will tell you if you didn't love him enough to follow him into the Air Force then you don't love him and it won't last. Im not trying to be mean but I see it ALL the time! Love is UNCONDITIONAL and you should love someone whether they are in the airforce or a high school drop-out or anywhere in between. Besides that, it is not fair to your husband or your kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• don't stay in a relationship/marriage if your no longer in love with them it only hurts you both in the end and if your not happy neigther will your child so if i were in that situation i would rather someone tell me their not in love with me any more and leave and let me find someone who will be in love with me and me them get whta i'm saying?
    rikaree

Answer by rikaree at 2:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• i agree with rikaree. regardless of if you believe in reincarnation, you only have this life to live right now. dont be miserable. and you feeling like this is going to effect your husband and your realtionship as well. i think given the choice, your husband wold rather you leave him and get it over with than having you still talk to your ex behind his back and still be in love with him as well. whereas you just love your husband. you understand?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• Why did u get married?
    i know the ex feeling! but you have to think about the consequences!!!! dont try to fix a mistakes making another one!
    I cant believe you ex doesnt think about what could happend to you! Im married to an army man and i love him very much! when we used to be friends he had a girlfriend and i knew he was happy with her, I NEVER got in his relationship and i was happy just by seeying him happy, i waited a year for him. thats really messed up! for ur hubs and ur baby!!! think about it
    dont follow your heart! do thats right!!!
    Mrs.Lopez86

Answer by Mrs.Lopez86 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2008