Wic question

Can you use wic at the farmers market? my daughter is 8 months old. do you have to be pregnant to get that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can get WIC for your child, they just won't give WIC to you, they'll explain everything to you when you go down there. You cannot use WIC checks at the farmers market because it's a check and they have to scan it. They have WIC stores usually they are right next to the WIC office you should look into that.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• WIC gives farmer's market coupons sometimes, but not the actual WIC checks. And you dont have to be pregnant to get WIC. The child just has to be under 5, which yours is.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My sis got wic farmers market vouchers, so I know they give them in some places. Call your local office and check. I believe but I could be wrong the only way to get wic for the adult is if you are breastfeeding. Yes your little one would be able to receive wic and most offices used to be very generous. I do not know now with the economic crisis as it is.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 2:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It could be different in different states but I know our WIC office does give out farmers market vouchers. You can get WIC if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for a child under the age of 5.

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009