would you go on vacation with a nanny?

it's my dh 30th bday soon and we r planning a week long vacation to Miami beach. Problem is, we don't live close to family and even if we did, I'm not comfortable leaving my 2 yr old and 7 mth old that long. We use a sitter on date nights and she's agreed to go with us. Is this a good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you all are comfortable with it , then go for it. Plus, its bonding time for all of yall :-) If I ever had one, I'd want them extremely close to our family..maybe even apart of our family. Not just a "worker". She is probably excited!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think it is a great idea!! You can have your family time and when th kiddies go night night you have someone to watch them so mommy and daddy can sneak out for some alone time. I wouldn't want to leave my daughter behind with anyone for that long!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think its a great idea if the nanny is over 18 and you can afford it. If the kids are used to her it will allow you and your husband some time alone. You could even go out after your kids are asleep.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have had sitters go with us on vacations and I highly recommend it. As long as it's someone you're comfortable with and she is comfortable as well, it's a great idea. It has allowed us to spend some one on one time with each of our children on vacations at special places and also gives my dh and I time to walk alone on the beach at night or enjoy a fancy seafood dinner that my kids wouldn't enjoy. In fact - Sunday we're going to the beach again with our sitter!

Answer by missanc at 2:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I couldn't help but think about the parents of the little girl in Potugal that disappeared. If only her parents had taken a sitter or nanny. I think it's a terrific idea. BTW..I'm not suggesting you would leave your child alone like that family. It is my opinion they should be prosecuted for child endangerment.
    Anonymous

• When I was in college I got to go on a few trips with a family I babysat for. I loved it. They always got the kids and I our own room. We did alot together during the day and at niht I would go to the room and put the kids to bed and they would go out after dinner. It was a win/win. I honestly dont even think they paid me, but covered all my expenses while I was gone and they made sure I had a great time too. We went snorkling with stingrays and other tours. One trip we went to New York and saw a Broadway Play. We were all together most of the time, I was only left with the kids part of the time and it gave them a break cause I would bathe the kids and get them ready in the morning. when traveling I played with them and helped keep them entertained.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've never thought about it, but I guess if you're close enough it would be fine. I have babysitters that would love to go on vacation with me, though they are all family. Sounds like a good idea as long as it's someone that has sat for you plenty of times before and you are both confortable with it.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• May I please be your nanny?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009