If a family member ticked you off, would you hold their wedding video hostage?

My cousin video taped our wedding and I pissed her off, so now she won't let us have it? Sorry I think that is a little childish.

travswifey

Asked by travswifey at 2:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• It's more than just childish - it's very telling of her character. Unless of course you pissed her off BY INSULTING the job she did. Then, it would be reasonable that she would think, "if you don't like it - then you don't want it - or if you want it anyhow, then you just want it so you can show everyone what a bad job you think I did" That sort of thing. If she's pissed about something totally unrelated, yeah, she's just wrong and needs to get over herself and give up the video.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i was going to say i would if i was 5 lol
    very immature of her
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Can you work something out with her? if not I believe you can sue her for it. Are there any witnesses to what happened or that she took the video for you?
    Look on the bright side, I've got a SIL that does that with my niece. she gets mad over something completely non related then tells me I can't see my niece. As if she's my SILs favorite toy that she won't let me play with.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 3:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• if I were you, I would try this, especially since she's acting like she's 5.

Act like you don't want it or couldn't care less that she has it! Then when she sees its not getting to you, maybe she'll try something else and you can snatch up the video.

Or you could always have someone mutual "steal" it from her.

Anonymous

• Ummm NO, I would throw it at her and stomp my feet........NOT!

And NO I wouldn't, because I am not a petty picker, but we have family that would do that.

ShellezCrazy3

Answer by ShellezCrazy3 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It's SHALLOW, that's what it is. It's white trash behavior, childish, rude, selfish, inconsiderate, mean, among just a few things. She is an effing bitch!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• just let things cool off . Either she'll grow up and give it to you or she'll get tired of dusting it off and give it back just to get it out of the house

Answer by admckenzie at 3:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• seems awful childish to me.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I haven't even seen the video to say it is crappy. lol We had a cousin die and I barely new her, I met her twice! Well the "video" cousin, acting like the would ended and I understand that, they were close, even though another cousin said she was doing just fine and dealing with it just fine. Well I guess, I didn't act like the world was ending also and she's mad at me now and won't give me the video?

So am I in the wrong here, for thinking she's petty?
    travswifey

Answer by travswifey at 3:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh and we live states apart and she's had for almost a year. Our anniversary is in like 16 days. lol
    travswifey

Answer by travswifey at 3:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009