• In the Spotlight:

Can certain yeast infections clear up without treatment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• It might not be a yeast infection, sometimes we think they are but it turns out to be something else. Did you know that you can clear a yeast infection with PLAIN yogurt?! My OB/GYN told me and it worked, it's kind of gross putting it in there but it really works, and it worked faster(for me) than monistat.
    Anonymous

• Yes some can clear up on their own. All a yeast infection is is an imbalance of ph that causes bacterial growth that would not normally grow there. However, it is not safe to just let it "clear on its own" bc if it doesn't it can spread and seriously affect your reproductive organs.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Just a side note, Anon is correct about the yogurt. You can also use vinegar baths as well although they are yucky. Even eaten yogurt will help with the infection.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009