men drive me crazy!!!

my fiances driving me nuts! he keeps telling me to stop spending money but I'm only buying groceries and gas! HE KEEPS BLOWING MONEY ON FAST FOOD!!!! I've tried talking to him about it but he won't listen! I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant so I'm sure that my hormones aren't helping. the thing I'm not telling him is that I am taking a certain amount of money out of my check and putting it into savings. I don't want to tell him cause I don't him to blow it all. we have no money in the bank other than the $120 I have saved. I just wish I could trust that he wouldn't blow money then blame me for not having any money at the end of the month!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe he should start taking his lunch and keep saving
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he needs to take his own advice. Have you thought about having separate accounts? His money go in his account, your money in yours? That way he either has to learn to buget his money to have some at the end of the month-- or he goes broke till next payday.
    My husband and I decided before we were married to keep separate accounts. It works for us. He has certain bills he pays, I have bills I pay and if 1 of us needs money or is short we do share with the other.
    If separate accounts is not an option for you-- what about opening a savings account in your own name to put your savings $ into that way you will not have to worry about him finding the saved up money and blowing it.
    good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• well I do have my own account. that's where I'm putting the savings but I'm worried he will see the statement and try to get me to spend it on something fun for ds... I wish I could but I want an emergency fund...
    Anonymous

• You should start buying him meals to take to work, that's what I did for my boyfriend when I wanted him to stop blowing his $ on fast food. Have you tried to get food stamps ? Or WIC seens how u are pregnant. Have you guys been able to get anythings for the baby? It will only get harder after you have the baby, trust me.
    Anonymous

• you have $120 to your name and you are having a baby? What were you thinking? How irresponsible can you be? Do you think it's going to be cheaper with a baby than with the two of you? FIANCE? you don't have enough saved for a wedding much less a family. You are broke and all you are griping about is him spending money at fast food places? What's wrong with this picture? Are you the one who keeps asking where to get all the free baby stuff? I hope you are going to breastfeed and hope the kid stays healthy. I'm guessing you can't afford insurance. OMG what are ppl thinking when they do this crap?
    Anonymous

• Please don't get married until you work out your finances.

Sit down together and draw up a weekly budget for food, gas, housing, etc. Write up the budget and stick to it. At the end of every week, sit down again with your receipts and tally up your totals. Adjust the budget here and there and stick to your guns.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Maybe he sees the money gone and thinks you're spending it - I think I'd just tell him. It's best if he agrees, but if you're working and you want to put part of your check into savings I don't see how he could stop you from doing that- and he would probably be happy when he realized you had savings.
    I don't recommend going behind his back- I'd talk to him.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 3:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• wow annon glad to hear people have such compassion. no I don't ask for free stuff on the internet. actually I still have most stuff from when my 3 y/o was born. oh did I mention I had a kid by a different guy? and no college geeze!!! talk about irresponsible lol. ya know what I really don't care what some crazy lady on the internet says. esp not one who's too coward to show face.
    Anonymous