i wanna be a surrogate.....

but it seems like every site i look at youve gotta be like 21 or 23 and im only 18....i did find one where you only had to be 18 so im waiting to hear from them but what do you ladies think about becoming a surrogate mom????

Crushersmommy

Asked by Crushersmommy at 2:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've always wanted to do it!! I think its a great way to give back to someone, and I LOVE being pregnant. My DH, however, says no. He doesnt want me carrying any babies that arent ours together!!
    Anonymous

• tell him well findd a way he can be pregnant too so then he wont feel left out lmao!!!
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think it's a great thing to do for another person. I used to think about becoming one, when I was single. I was going to do it for the lady across the street from me because she tried for years to have a child and found out she will never have one. I still keep it in the back of my mind but I'm unsure of how I will handle handing over a child I carried for 9 months.
    If it is something you really want to do, go for it! You would be giving someone one of the greatest gifts. Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• marix3 thanks for the support! its something ive always wanted to do buecuz for one i love being pregnant lol i just dont want a million kids haha and second ive got a friend who cant have kids and i can so i feel i need to share my abilities

Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think that it is a great thing to do for somebody else. I have thought about it before in my past-and I have thought about donating my eggs too. I just never looked that deeply into it. I wanted to do it for my aunt who can't have one, but I'm not sure how I would feel afterwards...It is such a selfless thing to want to do. Good for you.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• thank you girls for your encouraging words....i appreciate it so much <3

Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 2:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i will do it someday, right now i want to focus on getting my kdis grown up a lil, and i'm pregnant now lol but i will have to have their egg and sperm or donors, i could not give my egg that's to close to me. right now i suggest you focus on getting knowledge, and finding out how you would want the whole thing to go from start to finish. and when you get that figured out, talk to a lawyer, or an agency, and find out about the age thing. it may be a law in some states, check ur laws in ur state. if you are wanting to do it for your friend it may be different, since you wouldn;t go through an agency, but i do suggest a lawyer, just so everything is legal. then you may be able to do it sooner than the age limit that you are finding. good luck with this and there are some groups on here not to active, but may get some good info from em!
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 3:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Ive researched it to a point. I would love to do that but turns out im almost too old. Cant be over 35 in il. There are some more rules to it like u must be insured and other things. I think you should go for it.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 3:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My personal opinion is that you wait until you have had a child of your own. Or look into the real reason that you want to do this. Is it because you want to experience the pregnancy? You want kids but arent married and or ready? If this is something you want to do, it has to be completely selfless. It cannot be because of something you hope to gain from it or you will just wind up being hurt in the end. Just a thought...
    monarch.woman

Answer by monarch.woman at 9:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• monarch.women_______ look at her name i think she has her own child...and she also said she loves being pregnant!!!
    Anonymous