Is it a waste of money?

My DH and I have a 2 yo and are expecting our second baby. This september I am going to start college (I was a SAHM before), my DH has been in college, and been working and our schedules will be different. So we wont know who will pick the kids up/drop them off everyday. We were talking about getting both the kids two car seats so it isnt a hassle to switch them, and pick the kids up. Well my step mom thinks this is a waste of money...what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• i dnt i have 3 one for my car an one for my mas an 1 for stepdads it just makes things easier just look for them at 2nd chance an goodwill or something if u cnt afford new ones
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Sometimes convenience is more important. I don't think it is a waste if you have two cars.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• . We only have one child and we bought two car seats. Why? Because, it's hard to keep switching seats..get two car seats...you can always donate them or sell them later on....And you know what else, it's your life. Tell her to but out of pay for the second seat...trust me it will be a smar t move.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think most families have more than one carseat. My dd is 7 and we have 3 booster seats. One for grandms's car cause she gets her after school. One for me and a spare little one for when she has friends over. It would make life so much easier. you don't have to buy an expensive one but an infant one is so hard to switch out. Maybe get one with multiple bases...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It is NOT a waste of money to insure the security of your kids safety!!! No one can put a price on your kids safety! Buy the extra carseats, keep your kids safe!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have too, it's soo much easier, to not have to worry when I'm running late to take the car seats out, which I have forgotten to do before.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We have two, one for us and one for my MIL, but we will be buying one more since my SO finally bought a vehicle that can fit a car seat (he has a 2-seater before)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think thats a good plan.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We had seats in both cars. Safety is more important. Suppose dh takes the car with the seats, by accident, how are you going to transport the kids without a back up.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think you need it. What if you forgot to leave the car seat at the day care/sitter? Then what happens? WHat if you are in a hurry and don't install it properly? it happens. There have been stories of babies strapped into the car seat, but then the parent was in a hurry and put the car seat in the car but forgot to strap it to the seat.

I have a seat in my car, my hubby's car and one in my moms. At first I had a base in mine and my moms and just tried to remember to leave the carrier if my mom needed to pick up the baby or she had to stop by my office (which is on the way, luckily) to pick up the baby.
    Anonymous