ok this is kind of dumb!!!!

since i was real little i always wanted to be really pretty.i would look at all the other pretty girls and wonder what it was like to be pretty.my daughters are good looking.but thats not me.even today i look at the pretty woman,fat thin black white...my husband says oh she just a snob cause she is so pretty.well after 25 yrs of marriage i love my husband but he has never said i was pretty.it was always but you have a good personality.hmm.i know there are attractive woman on here,this is stupid but do you know it?do you look down on others??i dont mean for this to be a put down i really mean it.what is the thinking of a pretty woman?answer anon if you want if you dont im not going to pm you with a nasty note...

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think the mjority of "pretty girls" don't even know they are pretty. I am always being complimented, i know i'm not ugly.....but i don't think i'm extremely pretty either. I never look down on other people for they way they look. Thats just wrong!!! I have a very , very pretty cousin,,, but she does know shes pretty and too me, that makes her ugly. If your inner beauty does not match your outter beauty, it gives off bad vibes...which in return doesn't make me see you as pretty as you are. Does that make sense....its hard to put into writing. Either way, she is definetly a snob, but not all pretty girls are snobs, just some.
    Anonymous

• Beauty goes far beneath the surface. Someone can be physically attractive and be mean and spiteful and in my opinion can be the ugliest human being there is.
    Kindness, morals, ethics and values is what is more important when it comes down to it.
    Im sure your husband thinks you are absolutely gorgeous inside and out. Just because he hasnt said it, probably doesnt mean he doesnt think it. Some men just dont verbalize things like that very well.
    I dont get hung up on what someone looks like. As long as they keep themselves clean, try and make an effort to take care of themselves, and have the qualities I mentioned above, the physical aspects are insignificant. If someone is basing friendships on how "pretty" someone is, then I believe they are missing out on a lot of good friends.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• People tell me i'm pretty but I really don't see it. This one guy that i was talking to used to always tell me I'm beautiful but honestly, I don't think I am! I am also envious of woman who are very pretty. I always wonder how they manage to look so put together all the time. I always try to look nice but end up picking myself apart. To me, I'm always too fat, my hair never looks right, I have bad skin...
    Anonymous

• I'm the same way, I'm 20 years old and was never "prom queen" type or w/e. I wasn't hideous but I have an over bite and TMJ, and TMD, (caused by a car accident) I also have a lazy eye (most people don't know it b/c i've learned to control it) I have a mommy body and a C-Section scar. I've never been "fit" or toned...I've always heard "your really cute.." but I blow it off b/c I feel like men say it to get in a girls pants, and honestly these days a man doesn't care what he's getting himself into (hehe) I strive to look good but it's for my kids ya know? I can't fix my appearance too much but I can be happy and content so that it will show. I am envious of other people, like my mother and sisters. I just remind myself that in the end we all grow old and at 120 none of us will be that cute lol.
    ChloeNIsaiah

Answer by ChloeNIsaiah at 3:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I never thought I was pretty. But I never thought I was ugly, either. Some beautiful people are not so pretty on the inside. That makes all the difference. I tell my girls they are beautiful and special because God made them. I also tell them that everyone looks different on the outside, and that it is what's on the inside that counts. My husband has never told me I am pretty. I sometimes ask him and he immediately changes the subject. Everytime I ask (beg) him for a compliment he changes the subject. I can not recall anyone in my life complimenting me for me, and not for something I did. Those are usually "the food is good" - not "you are a good cook". And those are few and far between. I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I just need someone special to me (my husband) to say something nice just because. And I wonder what it is about me that no one (especially my husband) can find anything nice to say.
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm sure your husband thinks you're beautiful....guys just don't tell us the things we need to hear because they think we already "know" it. I have only felt pretty for a little while, and that was when I was pregnant with my 4th kid. I don't know why, but I felt pretty when I was pregnant with her. I don't think many girls will flat out say "I'm gorgeous"....and most of the ones that do have ugly personalities so it doesn't make them pretty at all. I think it's the sweet hearted girls that are pretty. If you're happy with yourself and your family I'd say you're gorgeous!
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2009