Garlic sweet potatoes?

We're having my FIL over for dinner tonight. I had a menu planned already and part of it was going to be garlic roasted potatoes. He, however, didn't really think I'd have a menu planned out in advance and brought over some sweet potatoes that I now have to cook instead. Can I make garlic sweet potatoes or would that taste gross? Should I just roast them in oil and salt and leave the garlic out of it?

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sweet Potato and Parmesan Oven Fries

1 1/2 - 2 lbs (about 2 large) sweet potatoes, peeled if desired
    About 2 Tbs (30 ml) olive oil
    About 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Cut the sweet potatoes into rounds about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick. Toss with the olive oil to coat, then toss with the Parmesan, salt, and pepper to coat both sides. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven for 15 minutes. Turn the sweet potatoes and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 10 to 15 minutes more. Serves 4 to 6.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I make mashed sweet potatoes. Just-cut them and boil them until fork tender. Drain and mash them...add some butter; milk (heavy cream if you have it) brown sugar and a little bit of allspice.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I love baked sweet potatoes. They are actually less work than mashing them. Just scrub them, dry them and poke some holes with a fork. Place them in the oven and bake at 400 until tender. I add a pinch of salt, a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon and a pat of butter. YUM!! You can make them mashed instead easily. They are easy to peel after baking, just mash them up and add the same ingredients and mash away.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009