what have u given up on making because your kids will NOT consume it

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It's pretty sad, and (I think) pretty unusual...My son AND husband won't eat meatloaf. I love it, but they won't eat it, so I never make it. Luckily (and this is one time that I DO like my MIL...) my MIL will make it every once in a while and will save me a piece or two and I'll heat it up for my lunch.
    Mrs.Frazzle

Answer by Mrs.Frazzle at 3:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• (MrsFrazzle, I'm with them; I won't touch meat loaf.) Actually in my house, it's just the opposite. I make a wide and healthy variety of foods my kids love, that I also would never touch to eat, and barely can stand to touch to make. Beyond that, I give up nothing I like...I make smaller amounts or something, and just eat the things only I like by myself.

I've seen recipes for individual meat loaves...those could be frozen or for lunches or something.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Picky eaters are not allowed in my home

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• The key in our house is deconstruction. I make the same meals I would but instead of all mixed in one bowl or pan I keep it separate. Especially salads. One platter plate w/ small piles of fresh veggies for everyone to pick at. I hate hearing, "I don't like..." or seeing wasted food piles on someones plate. This way they eat healthy and I don't get annoyed. Clean up all goes in one baggie for my lunch the next day!
    mrslemos

Answer by mrslemos at 10:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• I'm the cook, so i cook what i want to eat, if no one else like's it --Mcdonalds is right down the street or they can cook it themselves! lol--my kids are still little, so they only eat mac n cheese anyway.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009