emotional mommie days?

im having one today.. im a mother of a two year old... most of the time.. i love being mom more then anything.. but wedesday. my dh said that he is jeolous that all i do is get to play with our son all day.. this hurt my feelings so bad bc i dont have a car..but i do have a stroller and a condo pool.. and yes i do get to go swimming and play at the park.. but who does the pool laundry.. me who does the cooking me. cleaning me.. i dont know.. my hubby works very very hard also.. i try to show him how much he means to me.. by having dinner ready when he gets home and a moderate picked up house... but the thought he thinks its so easy..in additon i suffer from depression. and being motivated is not easy.. its a choice.. so for some reason i cant stop crying today..i know once we get outside i will feel better and after the pool my son will mellow out.. but why if im so happy? which i am! am i so unhappy.? sorry slightly a vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• my man thought the same thing, until one day I left our son with him, and I had a friend take me out for a mommy day. My dh figured out really fast how hard, stressfull, and hectic it is to be a SAHM. Set up a day when your man is off, and leave your son with him. That way he can see what it is like!
    ratbaby_17

Answer by ratbaby_17 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I agree the only way your hubby is going to realize how much you do is if you have him do it for a while. My sister got married last month, and I flew home for it taking just our baby with me, we have 3 other kids. He was in charge of them for 5 days. He told me when I got back that he would never be able to handle it. He said if he had to go for one more day he would have had himself committed. And he only had 3 out of the 4 kids. He's been respecting me a lot better since then when he comes home and the house isn't so perfect and dinner's not ready. He knows I have a full plate, and I'm going to school online full time too. It's not easy being a mom. If guys had to do it for a day or two they would realize that we do more than they think we do.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My man hasn't been appriciating what I do with my 3 kids all day to. Just because your not working DOES NOT mean being a mommy is not hard work! Why don't guys get that?! Keep your head up & know that if he was at home ALL the time he would lose his mind! Guys are just stupid sometimes. I'm going through the same thing, but our relationship is getting destroyed because of his attitude. Good luck... I hope things get better for u guys.
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Get out the house and allow him the opportunity to see how hard your job really is. The only way in doing that is leaving and having a mommy day and continue to have a mommy day once a month. Go get your nails done or take a walk by yourself but stay away from the house as long as possible and don't give him a clue what to do. I've done this more times than I can remember with my dh and he's learned to appreciate the things that I do.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009