Does anyone else only get their period 3-4 times per year?

I do! All my tests have always come back normal. I am wondering if this is in anyway common and especially , how do you know when you are pregnant?! I thought I was but seeing as I haven't had my period since February and I thought I was preggo in June, my period is deffinately not going to be the sign.

MommyTails

Asked by MommyTails at 3:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• All the girls in my family....me, my 4 sisters, my mother, my grandmother....all like that. We've never had a problem getting pregnant, so none of our doctors were concerned.
    When I did get pregnant with my son, I had no clue, I was using birth control, bleeding a bit, but feeling horrible...tired, sick, etc. Went to the doctor for that and he did a preg test. Sure enough. I had placenta previa...which explained the bleeding. So we used the ultrasound to calculate the birth date....haha....he was so huge that didn't work. They said December 7th, and he was born January 21st...10 pounds, 23" long!!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Sorry I'm the Total opposite! I have had A Period for 5+ Long Heavy Miserable Weeks! I don't know what's Wrong with me!! But I'd share it or give this away to anyone missing their's!! I'm sure I'd have no takers! So Sorry I have no idea what's your problem/issue. But Everyone is different! Are you Stressed? Too Skinny? Malnurished Etc?? Not A Tubal pregnancy? I don't know! But I hope you get it straightened out! I wish you Well!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Before I got pregnant with DD (shes almost 3 now) I rarely had periods like you.. It drove us crazy! I pretty much just started taking PTs every few months, after being together for 7yrs I slowed down on doing it so regularly, got tired of spending the money.. Well, I ended up getting pregnant & was CLUELESS about it until I was 4 almost 5mo along!
    In a way Im glad I didnt find out as soon as most woman. I was so anxious about everything & wanted to meet my baby! It was fun being pregnant & I enjoyed it very much but im not good at waiting!! DD wasnt letting us see between her legs so we didnt find out she was a girl till her birth.
    I got on depo for 1yr & had no period. but after i stoped depo. weaned dd at 18 mo my period returned when she turned 2 & for almost a year now I get it every 1.5mo now it seems.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh also. In the past my periods where PAINFUL!! I swear sometimes my periods were worse than labor!! Now that Ive had DD I dont cramp as bad but now my boobs feel like someone has used them for punching bags a few days before hand!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• To angellinda, I know what you mean. one of my periods before I had my son was 4 weeks long. It was exhausting and miserable! It did finally go away though, so keep hope : )
    MommyTails

Answer by MommyTails at 5:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009