Never knew before read it on here...

First...the shoulder straps you can buy to put on a carseat, do they really void the guarantee? And second, I already have my rear facing car seat..the Baby Trend Flex Loc in Jet...but idk what kinda carseat to get next?? Any suggestions from personal experience on good brands and/or models and why you suggest them? Thank you!

phoenixdreamer

Asked by phoenixdreamer at 3:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes to the first question. If anything is done to the carseat that is not listed in the instructions, it voids the warranty. If someone gets hurt, you can't sue.

For a good carseat at a reasonable price, try the First Year's True Fit.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 3:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I have the true fit, and I do like it! Yes, anything aftermarket can make the car seat unsafe. It's so frustrating, because they market it as "safety tested!" But what does that mean? It was not tested with YOUR car seat. If you need extra support for a really tiny baby, rolled up towels are what car seat techs recommend.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• the first years true fit convertible!!!!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 4:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009