about C-sections

The first time I was barely 17 and was in labor for 17hours and my daughter was too big to be born, I had low lying placenta, GB Strep, and in all honesty we we're both struggling to survive!So I had an emergency C-Section... I was fine with the route I had with her!
Then in March (19 yrs of age) my husband and I were supposed to have a Vbac but the hospital said two weeks before I was due that I couldn't have one b/c of their insurance! Totally freaked me out! I mean why didn't they tell me sooner? Anyways, I called my mother and explained the situation to her, she did what all moms do, called my old dr, (the one with my daughter) and asked if he would see me being so far along, well he agreed, but!!! My now husband threw a fit b/c his mom was coming in and threw a fit and forced me to have another c. I do resent him, am i wrong?

ChloeNIsaiah

Asked by ChloeNIsaiah at 3:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's your body and you should be able to give birth the way you want. I would be very angry if my husband told me I had to give birth a certain way.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• no. it's your body and your choice. he has no choice on how you want to birth. you need to sit down and explain to him how you felt about that.
    also, if you plan on having another baby, look into getting a midwife and going outside of a hospital to give birth, either at home or in a birthing center. that way, you will get the VBAC that you want.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2009