Is there a doll appropriate for a 2 year old that has hair to brush?

My almost 2 year old daughter is obsessed with fixing hair, and no one in the family is safe from her. I need to find her a doll before she plucks us all bald! Have you seen any dolls or styling head dolls with hair that would be good for a 2 year old?

Thanks!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The "Little Mommy" dolls from Fisher Price are great. My daughter got her first at two, and it was totally appropriate and well made. And yes, they have hair. One warning, however, DON'T put them in the clothes dryer. My daughter's beloved doll, "Powder" came out with hair that looked like George Costanza's mother's! Fortunately, a new doll was only a Wal-Mart away. :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I don't know about styling dolls, but I've seen Dora dolls that have hair that I bet you she could brush :) Or maybe a Cabbage Patch Kid.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• American Girl has the Bitty Twins with hair. It's kind of an investment (but at age two she will probably play with it a long time), and if the baby doll gets tore up you can send it back in for repair. We bought them for my daughter because she wanted a baby doll that she could comb its hair, and the bitty twins have wig hair that combs great! You can also pick out the baby that looks like your daughter.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Taylor has a Dora that's about her size, the she can dress her and do her hair, just like mommy does hers. She loves it. But I don't know where it came from, cause my friend gave it up after her daughters outgrew it.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2009

• Thanks for all the ideas! We found a Little Mommy doll at K-mart, and I think it will be perfect! If she really enjoys it I'll keep the Dora and American Girl dolls in mind for Christmas or her next birthday.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2009