My SO lied to me....

There is a girl from his past that he used to be crazy over, hes lied to me before about talking to her etc and promised not to and its been about 2 years since... well, she wrote me through email asking for me to tell him to call her. i called him and told him i kind of laughed it off, like "why does she think i would HAVE you call her?" he laughed said he doesnt know why she thinks he would talk to her and we hung up. i cjhecked me email eagain and she said she talked to his MOM and she gave her my SO phone number and they talked and she got a hold of him... my SO lied to me...

what would you do? im sooooo irritated and frustrated!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• how du u knw that girl aint lieing? an i would alk to him bout it an find out his sife or 3 way them both an let them no u dnt appreciate that there talking an find out to wat extent there at
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Well how long have you been together? and if they are talking, why does she feel the need to tell you that? sounds to me it may be true, but also may be a ploy to piss you off because he may not be talking to her. I would make sure that is true.Then I would asses whether everything we been through is worth the heartache and mistrust you will have because of the situations your in.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Well, maybe she called him and he didn't want to hang up without being polite. If they had a past, he probably at least wanted to be kind. You don't know but that he may have said he is involved in another relationship and not interested in her. He may not have wanted to tell you because he'd promised not to talk with her, which was made impossible, since she called him. I'd let it go. No used to come across as small minded. But...I think I'd also have my antennae up for the next several months. He doesn't need to know about it, but we weren't born yesterday, after all.

Answer by Bmat at 3:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• oh sorry, i did talk to him and he denied it then eventually admitted it.... weve been together 4 years
    Anonymous

• you been through, not we
    soonmommyof3

• If ,in fact , he talked to her not only did he lie by commission (actively lying when asked a question) He lied by Omission (not telling you he'd talked to her). It she is trying to break you up it could all be a lie. Women like that will use whatever they can to cause conflict. When he comes over/home you show him the email and ask him whats up with the two stories.
    Anonymous

• Well in that case I would say, if we are suppose to be in a relationship and love each other, then how can I say if you have Been lying to me the entire time we have been together. I would tell him that a relationship built on lies is no relationship at all. Then I would part ways. Meaning I would leave. But that is just me. I have seen to many women that I love get hurt by cunning, smooth guys like yours. They always say, Oh we are JUST friends. or there's nothing to worry about your being paranoid. or my fav. She called me! what was I suppose to do be rude and tell her I can talk.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• can't talk not can. sorry.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• there is a reason he lied. your relationship isn't as great as you thought it was huh?
    Anonymous