does your toddler hate gettin their teeth brushed?

she hates it! idk what to do. any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DD loves it, but only if she gets to do it herself. So I put the tooth paste on and let her go at it
    Anonymous

• he used to scream, but now he lets me floss them too without a fuss
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• my daughter loves it
    but she has other issues
    hated having her hair put up in clips, or pony tail-forget it!
    thank God she is over that one, what a struggle
    she would wear a hat, and it was getting pretty warm when she finally gave in
    and took on another issue to resist
    wants her blanket in the tub is her new one
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• he didn't like it at first but now he likes it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son hates for me to do it, but he loves to do it himself -- and (surprisingly!) even let them do everything at his dental exam. He gets his toothbrush out and gets his rinsing water, and I put just a dab of bubblegum-flavored toothpaste on his brush. Then I kinda talk him through it. I'll say, "Top teeth...now on the side...time to do the other side.... ok, now the bottom..." and so on until he's got them all.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think i forgot to mention that she just turned 1yr old. She would just chew on the tooth brush if i let her do it herself.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son has no problem with it but he doesn't have a 'real' toothbrush either. I bought him one of those rubber finger ones (I found his at Walmart in the toothbrush section). It has bristles on the end and I just put the toddler toothpaste on it, brush his little teeth, and that is all. Also, I've been doing that since before he had any teeth, so maybe he's just used to me doing it every single day.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 4:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son is 2 and he likes to eat the toothpaste but not actually scrub his teeth. So I have made it into a game. I say "Oh no! There's a monkey on your teeth" and start brushing while the "monkey " runs all over in his mouth. He thinks its funny! I switch animals every time he brushes and it's working for now!! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My son loves to basically suck the toothpaste off - but we recently started "mommy brush first, then max" he fights me still but I have to get his teeth clean and each night this week he's let me a little longer, and then I let him "brush"
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Mine likes to suck on the toothbrush, so I bought her one, and me one... last night she was screaming and I layed her in my lap and brushed her teeth while she was crying. Told her if she doesn't brush them, mommy will! She does good somenights and we take it slow... right back top, right back bottom, front top, front bottom, left back top, left back bottom
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2009