Have you had A Bird in your House?

So Today. Its 5+ Weeks of my Heavy non stop period! I'm Cold so DH will build a fire for us! He opens the woodstove & A bird Flies out! Next thing you know our Cats Are chasing it!! I'm Dizzy & unwell & he Asks me to Help!! So I try to catch my Cats that Think A Wish came True? They're not allowed Birds or any Living Creatures! You know how Well Cats listen! Right? So I try to place each in other rooms Etc.. Then we can't find the Bird! I'm Looking & trying to help! I open A Window & screen! What Happens? Krammer Cat thinks I opened it to spoil him & let him in that Way!! So then I scold him & tell him No. I search up A Storm looking for that bird! Can't find it! She's not in my Coke Colection! She's in my Angel Collection! Smart Bird!! So Twiggy comes & looks for her! She's A Kitten. I put her Away. The bird flies from one Shelf of Angels to another.. While DH Opens the Window. She tried others but then finally Out! And U?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 4:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did have one in my apartment but not as exciting as yours. We heard something coming from the closet where our water heater is. So we open it up to take a look and there is a bird in there! I yelled and shut the door. My SO opened our sliding door and told me to close the rest of the doors. So we open it up again and it flies out right out the door! NO freakin idea how a bird got in the water heater closet!
    Anonymous

• Oh yes..and my dad is scared to death of birds. One flew in my room and my step mom closed the doors really fast, and called my dad to come fast. He came running and when he got in there he seen the bird, at this point it was flying circles in our sky light lol. He slammed the door shut, poked his head through the hole in it and screamed "fucky, fucky fucky...get it out now!!! Get it out now...fucky fucky fucky" lol. It was hilarious!!!!
    Anonymous

• Omg..i thaught u were talking about losing a tampon up in there and were calling it a bird. Hope to not grose or offend anyone btw!
    Anonymous

• We had one get in years ago, Linda. We were still in bed and poor Roachie was shut out of our room; left to defend his home and parents against this crazed flying thing that evidently came in through the chimney. When we finally got up, the boy was terrified -- as an indoor Feline-American, his knowledge of birds was strictly from watching out the window -- but was bravely trying to keep it in one room. His reaction was kinda hilarious, and when we finally got the dang bird back outside, he got tuna and ice cream (er, not together) to help him block the trauma.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We had one in the house last week...Before we could do anything about it the cat got it...crunch crunch crunch! It was gross!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We were moving so I had the front door open. I was in my oldest daughter's room going through toys when I saw something hop down the hall-not fly,hop.At first I thought it was a rat or a squirrel.Then I got up and looked,because we'd never had problems with rats.The bird then flew down the hall into the nursery and got on the ceiling fan,going from blade to blade because it was moving. I finally chased him down the hall and thought he flew out the front door,so I went back and finished her room.An hour or so later, I went in the kitchen and guess what swooped down in front of me!!!!!!!I got my broom and finally got him through the sliding door in the kitchen!

corinnejenkins

Answer by corinnejenkins at 5:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We had a bird in our house once when I was little. Me and my brother were playing in the dining room and our back door was open. It goes out to a closed in back porch. All of a sudden the cats went ballistic. We thought they were fighting with each other and went to stop them only to be dive bombed by a little bird. We both hit the deck, the cats are running from one end of the house to the other just screeching and going wild, we're screaming and my mom comes out of her room demanding to know what all of the noise is.
    It took us 10 minutes to get the bird back on the porch and the cats locked in a room. The bird was so traumatized it just sat in a corner of the back porch for an hour. It was pretty funny and we all survived. We still don't know how it got in since all the porches on the back of the building are enclosed and all the windows had screens in them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009