How can I tell when my daughter is sleeping too much?

My daughter is 7 and a half months. She has been sleeping thru the night since she was 4 -5 months. :) Im blessed I know. But since she has been teething and got her first tooth it seems like her naps are becoming more frequent. She will fussy and then nap. But this could be anywhere from 1 or 3 mini naps (20 - 30 mins) and sleeping all thru the night.

LilliansMom08

Asked by LilliansMom08 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is breastfeeding, gaining well (not too little not too much), and meeting developmental milestones I wouldn't be too concerned. There is a wide range in the number of hours a baby sleeps.

Mothers mean different things when they say sleep through the night: 12-6, 10-6, 10-8, 8-8, 7-9. They can mean anywhere between 6 and 12+ hours.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I don't think there is such a thing as to much sleep...babies need a lot of sleep in general and at different points in their lives, they need more. My daughter is 15 mo., just went through a growth spurt and was sleeping 11 hours at night and around 5 hours during the day for a little over a week. If they're sleeping that much, then they need it. It is better they get too much than not enough (for your sanity and their development!)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It's ok! I know that when you are a first time mother you have a lot of concerns! But trust me a baby can never sleep to much...lol! But what it is is when she is teething and she is fussy that can wear her out ... and then she is tired! Or it could be that sleeping makes her feel better! I mean this is just my opinion and the experiences I have had! And if you are giving her meds to relieve the pain then that can definatley have a lot to do with it! But to answer your question I do not believe that she is sleeping to much espeacially when she is sleeping for hours through each nap!
    mummauf3jkl

Answer by mummauf3jkl at 9:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009