Don't you just love it when the inlaws announce they are going to visit two days before they are going to arrive?

I suppose if you get along with your inlaws you wouldn't mind! But my FIL is coming and bringing the family with him and SO told me about it yesterday! He always does this. Announces when he will be here, never mind if we might already have plans. He's gettin better though. Last time he called when he was half an hour away! If he was coming alone it wouldn't be such a big deal but he's bringing 4 ppl and a baby and we live in a 2 bedroom apt! Plus I don't really get along with him because he is a bully. *Sigh* So what are your plans for the weekend?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm fortunate enough that this year....no in laws are coming here whatsoever. First, they don't like me bcz I started getting down on their level and telling them off. And, my dh and dd are LEAVING for HIS family reunion in Cali to see them in August.  I HAD to stay home and take care of all our animals, it was just too costly for me to go along too. Buwahahahahaha   

I would non chalantly tell him in the nicest way..... at least a week's notice would be nice. Tell him....that way you have time enough to plan something special just for him/them. Good Luck!

Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 5:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Tell your husband that if he does not lay down the law with your FIL that the next time this happens you are taking the kids and going to your mom's for the weekend. Then do it.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh dear. This is inconvenient. I guess if you didn't have other plans it would be OK, only you'll need to get more groceries. They'll have to make do as far as sleeping arrangements. After their visit is over, tell him again that it would be best to give you a week's notice, so you have time to plan meals and so forth, and so if you have other plans you can tell him so. Good luck.

Answer by Bmat at 4:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• that would really irratate me, I would tell my hubby to call him and tell him we have plans.

My hubby and I are going on a date tomarrow, not kids just the two of us and I can't wait it's been lond overdue
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• my inlaws usually call when they get in town. they live 3 hours away, i don't mind having them but i've INSISTED that they call, at the very least, when they get on the road. i need time to mentally prepare.

i've told my husband that if they ever do it again (because he's not in on this, they just do it on their own), that we're telling them, too bad because we're out of town. and then we're going to hide out somewhere in town where they won't find us :P

mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You get two whole days?! lol My inlaws just show up at the door! (They live in town though)

I would just ask them what hotel they've made arrangements at. If they start saying they haven't made any arrangements, I would make suggestions of good hotels in the area and offer to call for them.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 6:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I feel alot better now. Even though I just talked to my SO and he said they might be here tonight instead of tomorrow! Wonderful!
    Anonymous

• I had a weekend planned with my parents for two months last weekend (they live five hours away) and my in laws were supposed to come visit the week before that. Well, they canceled and decided to come the same weekend two days before. They did. It was awful. Ruined my Mary Kay party and time with my parents because "they didn't know when they would be able to come down again" (they live two hours away). My four month old son even got sick of them. He would scream and scream with them and shut up immediately when I grabbed him but of course it was "just gas". Well, SURPRISE! They called tonight and will be here in the morning! My son still isn't back into his normal schedule from the last time they were here.

Thanks for ruining MY scheduled time with MY family last week. and to top it off, I'll see you tomorrow. I know who is getting discounted cards and 33 cent candles for Christmas this year! LOVE YA!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009