Did you?

Did you bank your child's cord blood? I've seen so many advertisements about this in all of my magazines, but had never really heard of it before.

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. I really wish we could have though. The advertisements make you feel like such a shitty parent if you don't do it! "Cord blood banking saved our child's life. He would have died without it."

FANTASTIC!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• no we didnt
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 4:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i donated.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I did. But I'm wondering if I should continue paying. It's so friggin expensive!
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 4:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• nope I never did
    Patty414

Answer by Patty414 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• no.. i dont really trust the hospitals that much. Im sure if they want it they would take it either way... Research all they may do with a womans placenta!! It doesnt always go to the trash & they dont have to ask for your permission!
    But I dont want some freakish science experiement to happen with me & my childs DNA!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• "I did. But I'm wondering if I should continue paying. It's so friggin expensive! "

It did look pretty expensive. I think I saw that it was about $2,000 initially and then $200 a month after that. I know a lot of people who can't afford an additional payment like that every month. I guess I'm gonna talk to my doctor about it and decide pretty soon.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've seen the ad on TV and I called it and it was just way to much money and besides I don't trust anyone
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I donated mine. I wish we could have banked it, but the cost was just too much for us.
    CariadSpawn

Answer by CariadSpawn at 5:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• No it was too much and I didn't even know you could donate. I was never asked to.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009