Help!! I have a fashion question I need quick help on!!

I'm supposed to be leaving for a wedding reception soon and I had plan on wearing a cute strapless dress. However, today it is only 64 and rainny so now I'm not to sure if I should still wear it. I don't have a shawl or anything to go with it. Should I wear it still? The only other option I have is to wear a short sleaved black dress. Is that appopriate for a wedding (with black shoes and black purse)?? Sorry for the crazy question, I just wasn't expecting this weather in JULY!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :)

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 4:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Either would be appropriate. I'd wear whichever you're going to be more comfortable in.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• You don't want to be uncomfortable. Would you have a pretty sweater that you could put over it, and then take the sweater off when inside and comfortable. The black dress sounds cute, but how about dressing it up with colorful accessories so that it doesn't look funereal. Shoes, bag, jewelry, scarf, belt?

Answer by Bmat at 4:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I would wear the strapless
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Black is now appropriate for a wedding. Maybe you could wear some bright jewlery and bright shoes and purse if you have them.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Wear what makes you feel good. If you have cute accessories the black dress shouln't have a funeral effect.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I would probably wear the strapless, especially if it was going to be indoors. The black would be fine also, however, I'd probably try to add some sort of color, even if it was minimal. For example, match your purse to a piece of jewelry or something. I think either way you'll be fine. And to be honest...the eyes are going to be on the bride, so you don't have to worry too much luckily, lol. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• sometimes when you had one thing planned and you have to change last minute then you tend to feel uncomfortable but that's just me

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I think I will wear the strapless. I don't have any colorful accessories to dress up the black dress and I don't want it to look like I'm going to a funeral. Thanks again
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 5:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009