Getting induced and Im only 30wks!

went to the doctor today and he said that I have a breched(sp) baby,but I know that isn't so bad. But he said that my baby was soo big that she couldn't moved herself around. And He's talking about inducing me b4 35wks!!! its all depending on the u/s on wed. and I have to start going every wk. But he said he thinks my baby is almost 5 1/2 lbs!!!
My question is,could they have gotten my due date wrong? B/c I didn't have an u/s until I was already 3months, but I didn't have a period in Nov. but I have irregular periods. So I'm just wondering what ya'll think.

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• prob got your due date wrong.....
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It would be idiotic to induce you that early. Yes, they could have gotten your due date wrong.

Due dates are NOT guaranteed. They're more like guesstimate dates. And doctors cannot tell how big a child is by feeling your uterus or by doing an ultrasound. They could be off by at least a pound or two.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• if ur bbys already that big they mustve got it wrong good luck momma
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i was induced at 35 weeks and my son weighed 8lbs 11oz. he had lung problems from being early but i know for a fact my dates were dead on because i was charting.
    Anonymous

• technically its not a due date its a due month your actual due date can be two weeks prior or two weeks after you due date its possible they got it wrong good luck
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt let them induce you that early...I would wait at least two weeks after that if it is NECISSARY for you to have the baby then. Its not worth the risk of hurting the baby!!!
    Anonymous

• ditto....due dates aren't precise.

there are things that you can do yourself to move baby back into the right position for birth - and if you are only 30 weeks you've got a lot of time to help it out (plus babies move so much that sometimes they are in a different positiion every day)

the weight guess too...I haven't met a tech yet that's gotten a weight right or even close. they said my 2nd was a 12 pounder (AAAAACK!) she ended up being born the next day weighing in at 7lb11oz.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Oh my gosh don't let them induce you that early! That seems so ridiculous to me! A 5-1/2lb baby is not big enough to call for an induction for goodness sake! I'm not a doctor but I believe in letting the baby come when they're ready... plus isn't there a good chance the baby will turn? Yikes!
    Anonymous