Please help! My 5 1/2 month old pug girl is vomiting A LOT!

Recently she was treated for pneumonia, and was hospitalized for that and almost didn't make it. She came home on clavomix (I think that's what it was called) and she finished all those meds 2 days ago. She seemed to be feeling better and was pretty much back to her ornery self, but today she has started vomiting this clear liquid water like substance with white foamy stuff in it. I have her an appt to go to the vet in the morning, but she has vomited 8 times in the past 10 minutes. We lost one of our precious pugs to the pneumonia who was older and stronger than she is. PLEASE, if you know what this could be tell me. I'm very worried about her.

boosma

Asked by boosma at 5:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pets

• I'm so sorry. It sounds like she needs to go to the vet and may need IV fluid because of the vomiting.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Good thing you have an appointment set for her. Just keep her on the fluids, never mind the food at the point. Any antibacterial med (Clavamox) wreaks havoc in the digestive system. It's so good at getting rid of the germs, that it throws off the natural balance of things. She could be trying to get her body adjusted back to normal. Good Luck!!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Thank you both for your answers. I actually took her on in to the vet because it got SO bad that I would clean one mess only to have to turn around and clean another. I didn't hesitate to take her in that minute. She was ok for the 10 minute car ride to the vet but once there, within 10 more minutes, had vomited another 9 times. Poor baby, she probably didn't know what was going on. They ended up keeping her because she's still so young, and tho she's technically full grown, she's only about half the size of a 'normal' pug. He (the vet) said he'd call me with what's going on as soon as he knew. The most important thing is that she's not dehydrated yet because I gave her water thru a dropper, just a few drops at a time. But, he said with her being so small, it won't take long for her to get that way. Anyways, thanks guys. I do love my pugs like my kids.
    boosma

Answer by boosma at 9:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Gosh Kathy, I have no answers for your sick dog. Just thoughts and prayers. I hope she gets better. Teri
    NoDak-Mom

Answer by NoDak-Mom at 11:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009