sex..after c-section?

I'm just curious and i don't really know where to put this question..
How soon after a c-section can you have sex?
once the stitches/staples have been removed, and the pain is gone?
or do you have to wait a specific amount of time? till you stop bleeding? ( I've heard you can bleed up to 6 months)
it's been almost 3 weeks since i had my dd, and i feel fine but i'm still bleeding...
I couldn't have sex with my s/o for about 5 weeks before i had her ..so it's been a while..
I'm not going to jump right back in the saddle so to speak..I'm just curious. :)
Thanks

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 5:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• It's the same amount of time you have to wait after giving birth vaginally + when you feel comfortable. You'll bleed for around the same amount of time as you would after giving birth vaginally as well.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My Doctor said to wiat till you felt up to it pain wise, and about a week after the bleeding. (his idea of bleeding was heavy flow not spoting if you are just spoting no biggie)
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• personally it took me a while not so much for the pain but i just couldn't seem to get in the mood. when you are ready just take it slow and don't worry. when you worry you tense up. and don't worry about the 3 weeks i went over a month. poor husband was about to die! lol
    Anonymous

• I had three sections and had a six week checkup after each one. My docs said wait til checkup to make sure that all swelling is down and bleeding gone down too. Even though dd didn't come from between your legs she still came from your body through your abd. That tenderness soreness when you cough or sneeze should pretty much be gone too to have fun again. Hope that's soon for you, have you had your postpar. checkup yet?
    Anonymous

• we were told 6 wks... we actually waited maybe 7-8 days however and i was fine.I bled heavily for a few days and when we had sex, bleeding had stopped however.
    Anonymous

• 6 week check i got the ok
    i had no complications

never heard bleeding for 6 months!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• when i went for my two week post op my doc said when i feel fine go for it...and i did..it had been about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks...and we were right back at it....we couldnt do alot of the old positions becuase they hurt...so we kept it very very very simple!!!! just gotta do what you feel comfy with and painless!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2009