When you were in labor did you take the EPI or IV?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The EPI didn't work for me. So I went ahead and did the IV. With this one I'm gonna take the IV as well.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 5:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• both
    Anonymous

• neither, i didnt have anything hooked up to me or any kind of meds at all and i am doing the same with my DD in dec
    Anonymous

• I am very against the epidural. It scares the crap out of me!!! I have had 3 kids and am having 1 more. I def dont want to be hooked up to an IV either. Just my opinion.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I had an IV for fluids but I took the EPI...both times and will again in Oct. LOVED it!
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I had an IV, but it was just for fluids to keep me hydrated. I didn't have drugs for my labor, and it was beautiful. I loved it.

The epidural scares the bageeebies out of me!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• IV
    Anonymous

• I went into labor before i had the strep b test so they HAD to give me an IV for the antibiotics. That only lasted half hour and they left the IV in but disonnected it from the machine so i could walk around and labor, which i did for another 6 hours. Then i did end up getting an ephideral after not being able to dilate but turned if off after 20 min cause i did not like the sensation of being numb. The pain was better than numb and let me tell you it was not easy!! LOL!!! I had full back labor and 13 hours of labor with no dilation...ugh. So that is the nice thing, is if you get it and dont like it they can turn it off but you wont be able to get up out of the bed again until you give birth...
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 6:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• both
    corinnejenkins

Answer by corinnejenkins at 6:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• both
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 6:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009