Just a simple question.....

so, in my area-they are trying to raise the income tax and the "noise" being made about it is that people are pretty much against it. Schools have asked for more money in levys and many were turned down because people said that they can't even afford to pay a penny more due to the economy.

Everyone I know is hurting-things are a little better this summer bc gas isn't 4 something a gallon-but everyone I know is struggling.

So-here is my question-WHY are sooo many people behind this healthcare bill when it involves some OBVIOUSLY serious tax increases?? I don't get it....I just don't get anymore............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because most don't comprehend the burden it will create to people, business etc.. But Obama and congress, does its just part of the plan to usher in socialism and why reps are fighting against it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Us Conservatives are not all that crazy afterall huh?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• My only guess is - major media brainwashing.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• They will pay taxes to have the FEDERAL government to control more aspects of health care, but they won't pay local taxes for kids to have better schools? GREAT QUESTION...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Obviously you cant keep solving money problems by charging more and more. The government-run institutions seems to be the only ones who think they don't need to seriously stick to a budget. Some people may believe the big lie about needing more money, but it doesn't take more money to run a decent school. Other countries have proven this.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2009