I am 38 weeks and 4 days preggo and having a sharp pain in my belly on the right side.

I am scheduled for induction on monday, but I have had this pain all morning. Walking doesn't help it, neither does anything else. My son is moving just fine in there. What could it be?

Mary0727

Asked by Mary0727 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had round ligament pain like crazy as well, but my son was two weeks late so I don't feel like they're connected. I say Google "round ligament pain" and see if it sounds like what is happening to you. The above anon is right though, if the pain is severe then call your practitioner (at any hour that's what they're on call for!) and let them know about it. Just to be safe.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I would get that all the time :( From what i hear it is a ligament pain but i went into labor a month early having those pains all the time. So are they connected, i have NO IDEA but from my personal experience it is just simple ligament pain...

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!!!
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 5:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I would get it checked! A detached placenta can sometimes cause pain like that! Be careful.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies. I called my doctor and she told me to go to L&D, I wasn't anymore dilated so they sent me home. i have to be at the hospital at 5:30 in the morning on monday to be induced. Thank you for all the advice.
    Mary0727

Answer by Mary0727 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009