can I go swimming

if I am 3cm dialted but my water has not broke?

Sbahns

Asked by Sbahns at 5:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah, water is a great way to deal witht the pain, as long as ur water didnt break u r fine, i was 6 cm and i went swimming, but i would more less relax in the water instead of swimming around beacuse more than likely ur water will break
    Anonymous

• yes you can. if your water breaks, then don't get in. the pool contains a lot of bacteria and chemicals. if you wanted, go by a kiddie pool, get a new hose, and hook it up to your sink and fill that pool up. that way you can relax inside and still be cool. you can disinfect the hose w/ UNSCENTED bleach.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:14 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• sorry my son hit my mouse button and i didn't get to finish what i was saying.

...that way if your water does break, then you don't have to worry about a possible infection.
    what really causes the possible infection is too many cervical checks. it just keeps pushing more and more bacteria up.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2009