Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i drank a grand daddy long legs am i gonna die?

i was drinking some pink lemonade..i sat it down and when i was taking another drink i noticed the spider...i always heard they were the most poisonis...am i gonna drop dead in like 5 minutes?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • They are not poisonous, that's a myth. You'll be fine, grossed out for a bit, but you won't die.
    MichiMomma

    Answer by MichiMomma at 7:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Think you will be ok! Why did you drink it if you saw the spider? UCK!!!!
    Cindy18

    Answer by Cindy18 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • call poison control or your e r. Remember that when people have been lost in woods on hikes all over that over time to survive they eat and drink all sorts of critters and liquids. Maybe drink a lot of water to dilute it and wash it out. You'll probably poo or pee it out. How long ago is it that you thought you swallowed it?
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • I wouldn't worry about it. If you really are worried, then I would call Poison Control or the ER. If the spider was dead in your lemonade, don't worry about it. With the acid that's in your stomach, it would kill the spider.
    JLee07

    Answer by JLee07 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • Umm for all those who don't know about Daddy long legs, they are the most poisonous spiders.

    Idk, You should call the poison control center
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • How do you make pink lemonade?
    rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • I really think you will be ok. If you are worried, call poison control or the ER and ask them.
    tyfry7496

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

  • LadyJayne27

    Answer by LadyJayne27 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

  • It is a myth. They aren't the most poisonous spiders. And they can bite humans. But it would take a lot of venom like gallons to make you sick.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

  • I think you will be just fine, however I am freaking out at the thought!
    NikkiMomof2grls

    Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2009