part 2: my generous husband

last week I posted how my husband will basically spend money like there is no tomorrow. Whether it be loaning a friend 5.00, to just spending all his money on beer. This is xtra $ he earns when he doesn't work a full week.
Well, I considered the responses that hes just generous and nice. I agree.
BUT, now that its that time that we are living chk to chk... he is whining that he has no money for fishing or beer.
Now, I'm the frugal one. So I mentioned that he should call 'so and so' to get money back. Basically call his friends that he's always helping. Well, now he's pissed and pouting. Won't do anything. He was going to mow the lawn. Was.... ya.

I'm open for more suggestions. Believe me I do consider that he is a nice guy. But, its actually time that he steps up to the plate and take care of his house and wife.
Instead of me worring how we are going to pay bills and make ends meet
thanks for listening:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Well tell you the last part of what you told us.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• him not you
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• 5 bucks here and there is probably not going to be able to pay a bill, unless he loans out $15 or more a week. Now that he is complaining about not having the funds, maybe it is time to do something nice for yourself. I know this probably doesn't make any sense, but if have some money that you have saved for a rainy day, then you should get something that you want. This will SHOW him, not tell him, what saving a few bucks here and there can do. Men seem to have this problem with hearing. They learn better when they can see something in front of their eyes. BTW- I am one of the people who said your DH was a nice guy. It sounds like his niceness is getting the best of him.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• 5 bucks here and there add up. It would make the diference of paying a bill if you struggle to pay them in the first place.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Sounds a bit selfish and immature to me, not generous. He shouldn't be buying or giving out extras when he can't afford to pay bills. Sit down with him and show him the bills and the budget.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Noting nice about giving moeny away when he has no saftey net for his own family. His family and their needs should come well before his friends. Let him know that saving and paying bills is going to take top priority from this day forth. Even if he doesn't want to, you have to just do it because it is a need.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009