How are you doing?

How many of you are doing Ok or good in this economy?
We are doing Ok..We are paying our bills with out going in the red.
I know alot of people are not. It is so depressing to always here on the new and on here about the economy doing poorly.

Asked by louise2 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• Great! We actually are doing better despite the bad economy.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We are scrapping by. He barley make enough to pay for our bills and things keep popping up for us to pay. Like the car breaking down, or my husband having to pay for a bogus ticket that he never got. oh and to have a pressure test done on the house because of a gas leak. nice right!?! grrr.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We are getting by...our house is behind, but gets paid, it could be worse...
    Anonymous

• We are doing good even with the 28% pay cut that I took. We were able to take our yearly vacation and still have enough to do a few more things in the summer months.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• We're doing okay. We went from being on one salary (me working while he went to college) to being on one salary (him working, me pregnant and going to be SAHM.) My husband's company actually started doing a lot of things to cut back on spending before the economy crashed so it hasn't really been affected as much as a lot of other companies. He didn't get a raise this year, but that has been the only side effect from this economy.
    Anonymous

• I guess I could say we're doing ok, but not really. Our bills never get paid on time anymore. We are living paycheck to paycheck, and I am having to pick and choose which bills to pay which week. We are almost $1200 behind on our rent, but, luckily, our landlord is letting us make payments. And I cannot find a job to save my life. So, basically, our heads are just barely bobbing up and down at the surface, up long enough to catch our breath for a minute, and then back under we go for a minute. It feels like I am fighting depression off on a daily basis.
    Anonymous

• We're doing better than ever. My husband finally found a good job this year and with plenty of overtime we're finally paying off our credit cards and are considering buying a house while the prices are reasonable. We have really struggled these past five years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We are barely keeping our heads above water. No savings, paycheck to paycheck, and broke on Monday.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We are having one of our best years ever. It is not thanks to Obama but thanks to my husband for being so creative and finding ways for his company to save money without cutting people. My husband was rewarded for this by getting a 10 percent raise and they relocated us to an area with a lower cost of living. We just bought a 3000 sq ft home in a great neighborhood. Life is going very well for us. We knew the housing market was going to fall we headed the warnings of Bush and McCain from 3-4 years ago and waited to buy. Homes went down by half and we picked up a deal so I guess we should thanks Dems for that they collapsed the market. Many of my relatives are laid off but they all are doing fine most have a couple years money in reserve they have been laid off before or on strike and common sense told them to live within their means. We did lose in the stock market but have picked up cheap stocks and things will go up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2009

• We are doing ok. Were not well off by any means but we arent hurting either. Thankfully DH's company is doing good despite the economy. He actually just got a promotion and raise too :)
    There are times when we live paycheck to paycheck but we are starting to build our savings back up. We plan on putting all the money I make babysitting in savings along with the $400 a month extra DH will get from his promotion. I feel so bad for everyone who is struggling right now. Its so sad :(
    maddisont05

Answer by maddisont05 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2009