little girls

when did you staert painting your DDs nails. My dd is almost 13 mos and i know i cant yet i was just curious when you ladies did or if you do

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 6:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 4 1/2 now, she got them done for the first time at about 2 1/2 and did fine with them.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• can't remember for the first two but I know that as soon as my youngest saw her sisters being 'pampered' she insisted on it too.

I think she was around 12 months for the first polish....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• 18 mos.... i want to take her to a salon (shes 20 mos now) so we can both get our nails done! My friend brings her 3yo to the nail salon for pedicures every other week.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Even the kids nail polish is pretty toxic. My daughter was about 7, and we only allow nail polish and remover to be used outside.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• It takes about a bottle of nail polish for it to become toxic, I got crap about this once and researched it.

Anyways I do toe nails around a year, boy or girl, yes even the little boys, but they get power ranger colors, used to freak daddy out but he doesn't even bat an eye anymore, my boys do outgrow it by 2 though :). And finger nails are about a year and a half, about the time they don't have thier little hands in thier mouths all the time.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I started painting her toes around a few months old. She loves it. I still haven't started doing her fingers yet. I'm going to wait until she's better at keeping her hands out of her mouth.
    StefMc07

Answer by StefMc07 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2009