geeze I'm fat....lol

Ok so I have reached a new low of fatness.... I weigh what I did 6 yrs ago when I went into the hosp to deliver my son. I will be 29 in Sept. My new goal is to loose 70 lbs before I turn 30. I can not afford a gym membership (and prob wouldnt go anyway), and thus far I have not been able to find a treamill online (even craigslist) that I can afford....
SOOOOOOOOOOO, anyone have any tips for exersizes I can do in my house with no machine?
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• eat healthy and do a lot of walking! I have a friend who lost like 80 lbs in under a year by eating healthy (cutting out fast food) walking A LOT, and doing things around the house like squats and lunges...worked for her...she looks great!
    Anonymous

• I like some of the exercise videos. When noone is home and the curtains are shut tightly... LOL!
    Anonymous

• lots of walking, cut out soda's, lots of water, eat healthy...go to sparkpeople.com and sign up. gives you meals you can go by every day, no obligation, you can add what you actually ate, and it will help you count your calories, also gives you a work out schedule and ideas of workouts. GL!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Take walks with your son while he rides his bike or something
    Anonymous

• jumprope 20 minutes a day you will loose a lot of weight, but you won't be able to jump 20 minutes right oway so start out slow and add more each day it's hard but it works great
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Walking is really great - if you shoot for 30 minutes a day and work up to an hour a day, you'd make a big impact. Another thing you can do is start keeping track of the foods you eat - you might be surprised to find out that you're eating more than you actually need.

I've recently completed my first 5k - I used an interval training program that required about an hour three times a week and really helped motivate me. Now I'm training for my first 10k, will be doing a half marathon in October, and am daydreaming about doing a marathon sometime next year. You can find more info about it at www.c25k.com. Wish you luck!
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 6:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Babysit my son for an hour a day. That will burn some calories! But seriously, get a pair of ankle weights and wear them while you're doing your housework or shopping or whatever. Wearing them burns more calories while you're just doing your normal thing.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• from I've heard using ankle weights by just walking around with them is dangerous. I'd be careful about that. I like richard simmons sweatn' to the oldies, and I use 3 pounds weights when I watch tv.
    my bike has worked out really well. I take it short trip rather than a car or the bus.
    I cut out fast food and I'm loosing weight-
    Best of luck
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 7:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• how old are your kids? mine are young enough to where i can pop in the wiggles video and i dance with them and wow those dances are harder than they look def a fun way to work out and spend time with kids
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009