geze I'm fat....lol

Ok so I have reached a new low of fatness.... I weigh what I did 6 yrs ago when I went into the hosp to deliver my son. I will be 29 in Sept. My new goal is to loose 70 lbs before I turn 30. I can not afford a gym membership (and prob wouldnt go anyway), and thus far I have not been able to find a treamill online (even craigslist) that I can afford....
SOOOOOOOOOOO, anyone have any tips for exersizes I can do in my house with no machine?
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• I really like the Walk Away The Pounds DVD's by Leslie Sansone.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• there are dvds, i myself started using dumbells and using them with situps, and triceps.... also good for sqauts! Lunges, pushups.... or anything really when you find a few free minutes (like watching tv if you ever get a chane :) )There are dvds for dancing the lbs off and everything. I like yoga and that excercise ball with the dvds.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• well to burn fat I believe you mostly need to do cardio..., I used to run up and down stairs, jumping jacks, run in place, sit ups, really anything that will keep your heart rate up for a period of time. Go for walks when weather allows and that's something the kids can do too. even get them to participate in jumping jacks, I think they would have allot of fun.
    The big part would be to talk to your docter about a healthy diet. Learning how to read nutrition facts. Staying away from things high in fat and carbohydrates, watching how many calories you take in in day..... no more fast food!!! which is hard for me on those lazy nights lol....
    my diet is... yogurts, sandwhich meats, veggies, fruits, chicken breast or pork chops are good, skim milk, peanuts, there is so much you can learn about nutrition!! I just learned that brocoli contains a chemical or something that burns fat all on it's own!!!
    janeenee

Answer by janeenee at 6:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Do you have just feel like dancing away to music you hear in supermarkets, stores? TV commercials? Music just gets me going and I just dance away and then after that start doing exercises. Put in a cd or dvd of a concert you like and rock and exercise. It's cheap its healthy.
    Anonymous

• I like to walk. I lost from 180 pds to 125 pds by cutting out carbs and heavy sugars and walking 30 min a day. By the time I got down, I was walking for an hr. Even if its just around and around your yard or at the mall with a mp3 player it can still burn calories like crazy, and get your legs more in shape. Good luck and don't give up!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• WALK WALK WALK....WATER WATER WATER!!!

I have lost 12 lbs in a month this way...I also watch what I eat
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu (all loaded with calcium and iron).

Answer by rkoloms at 9:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009