Who do you think has a harder job, you or hubby? Why?

If you're a SAHM, how many kids? How old? If you work outside the home, what do you do?

Is his job more difficult or yours? Which would you rather do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am a pregnant SAHM lol. At the moment our jobs are equal because he is home, until he starts his job on the 4th. So right bow we are equal.
    Anonymous

• OP here, I am a substitute for the schools (classified last year, hopefully regular sub this year) and I'm about to start on my masters degree in teaching. Even after I'm teaching full time, my hubby's job will still be harder. He is a nuke mechanic on a ballistic missile submarine. He works longer, harder hours, and has to deploy several months out of every year. I would never want to switch jobs!
    Anonymous

• oh wow that's a tough one...my dh is deployed...i'm a sahm with kids that are 2 and almost 1...I guess i would say he has it the hardest cuz not only does he have to fight for his family and country, but he also has to do it away from me and the kids for a year, which is hard.

I'm an emotionally strong person so i believe that's why i can say that. you have to be, to be a military wife
    Anonymous

• Being as my husband has opted out of our relationship because he couldn't take responsibility for his actions, I would have to say my job is harder. I'm a full time single mother, except for about two hours every three to four weeks, and essentially have been since our daughter was born a year ago. I also work two part time jobs. My soon to be ex husband works here and there, sees his daughter when he feels like it, and does what he wants the rest of the time without any responsibility. He also lives on someones couch and has no bills to pay. So I'd have to say mine.
    Anonymous

• I work during the day while SO stays at home with the kids. Then when I get home he goes to work. So i think both of our jobs are equally difficult. When we're at work, we deal with idiot coworkers! At home, we have 3 rowdy but lovable boys. He also coaches our son's football team so when he's not working, we're at practice. I try to pitch in with the team so I think we're level.
    Anonymous

• I work in the school district. I work all day with a child with special needs then I do home instruction after school. By the time I get home it is after 6. I am enjoying my summer break but I still am running around. My husband works on and off and when he is working he does what he can with Will but I still think I work alot more.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I've been a sahm for most of the past 22 years. I think the answer to your question is constantly changing. There are times when his job is harder. When he's felt the stress & pressure of trying to provide for 5 people by himself so that I could be home with our boys, & times when mine has been harder. The boys were all small, I had no help, little sleep, he worked long hours & wasn't home, & the all of the rest of the responsibility landed on me. We try really hard to support each other. I try to see when he has had long hard days, or has been worried about work, & try to support him & make his life easier. In the 90's he was laid off & saw that when the house wasn't clean & dinner wasn't on the table, I hadn't been sitting around watching soaps, but had had a hard day with the kids, & when he went back to work, & came home to the house messy & no dinner, he knew that I really needed some support!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom with 2 kids one is almost 4 and the other is 8 months my job is hard cuz it never ends, but my hubbys job is harder he works10-12 days and he comes home beat, I would never want to do his job cuz I really enjoy mine
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• By the way.....my husband always says that my job is harder.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am a SAHM thinking about returning to my Social Work career.

My husband's job is way harder. I would never, ever in a billion years want to do what he does. My husband is a FF/Paramedic for a large city. They don't uphold the union contract and pay them what they're supposed to. They call him to work or require him to do training at the drop of a hat. They don't uphold their end of employment agreements. On top of that, he's had people try to beat him up, strangle him in the back of ambulances and pull guns. He's been robbed twice and had his car stolen out from in front of the firehouse. He is exposed to deadly, incurable disease on a daily basis and works no less than 24-28 hours straight at a time.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2009