I am 35 weeks?

I am 35 weeks along and was wandering if i should be experincing braxton hics contractions also shouldnt my body be preparing for birth i dont feel any different than when i was 28 weeks is there something wrong with me?

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No it doesnt matter if you feel them or not. I didnt feel any BH with my first and it was all good. I actually was dialated to 3cm for a week before I actually went into labor and I was so shocked when the dr told me I had dialated because I hadnt had any BH or any sign that I was working towards labor. Just count yourself lucky because now I am pregnant with my second and I feel them and I think they are very uncomfortable.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• If you are anything like me then no. My body didn't have a clue how to get my children out. So I was induced both times. Everything was fine and planned. Don't worry your baby will come out when she is ready and before you pop.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Some women start getting BH in the second trimester (like me!) and some never get them so don't worry about that one bit. Your body is working hard even if you can't feel it. Don't stress, just take it easy. All things come in their own time. My body was signaling labor for two weeks before my due date and my son didn't come until two weeks AFTER my due date and even then it was through induction. Another friend of mine had no signals and then gave birth to her son two weeks early. Labor came on for her all of a sudden and her son was born in 6 hours flat!

We're all different. Just trust your body and your baby to do their jobs :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• no. i didn't have any BH during my entire pg. it's normal.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2009