wasn't told to wear sunglasses after eye dilation?

i had my eyes dilated the 14th and wasnt told to wear sunglasses at all. it was really bright going home, ever since my vision is more hazy and pixtated kind of like looking at a computer screen but its everything, more whittish etc..

could the eyedoctor be held liabel? and will this go away what harm could have been done from not wearing sunglasses??
I am kind of freaking out, my mom is legally blind and am worried b.c my vision doesnt seem the same.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Health

• I had my eyes dilated a few weeks ago, and didn't wear sunglasses, yes, it was bright and it hurt, but I didn't have any problems from it. If you are having vision problems now, I would say you have some other kind of problem going on. You need to see a dr, but I'm going to say that no, the dr isn't liable.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't hold him liable. I mean, if it was bright, common sense says, "put on sunglasses" who cares if he said it or not. As for the medical aspect, I honestly don't know if any permanent damage can be done by not wearing them after dialation. So if it was me, I would go get checked out.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 7:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• He isn't liable. I would go to the optometrist and get it checked.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009