should I be worried?

my doctor wants me to get another ultrasound at 38 weeks because the baby is measuring 2 1/2 weeks small. she is requiring no later than tuesday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm no doctor, and you should probably ask her, but she may be thinking that there may have been some miscalculation on your due date, and that she wants to be sure you're really due when they think you're due.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Your baby may be what's called small for gestational age. I don't think you should be worried but you should read up on the topic. You want to make sure the hospital you deliver in has a NICU. You don't want to deliver in one hospital and have your baby transfered to anothered to another hospital. Not all small for gestational age babies need NICU care but it's best to be prepared.

If you are feeling OK it is time to get things prepared in your house. If you are busy getting ready it helps keep you from being worried. It would help if you could hire a Doula.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Try not to worry about it until you have news to worry about. But I now that is hard. Ask the doctor and enjoy the ultra sound of your new little cutie.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009