Why do I keep dreaming about him?

My first love that is... I was head over heels for him since I was nine, no joke! Well we "dated" for a while as teens but since we lived so far away from eachother it didnt work. I didnt talk to him for three years then one day two and a half years ago randomly I ran into him at walmart and we've kept in touch since. Well hes got two kids and no girlfriend and Ive since gotten married and now have a baby.
Why cant I get him out of my head??? Its driving me crazy, I keep having dreams about him and me and being together, not even sexual just being a couple... He is ALWAYS on my mind during the day too. My husband knows we are friends and is almost always around when we are on the phone or emailing eachother so its not like Im flirting with him or anything. Oh and when I dream about him I wake up to an email from him, every time... weird huh

I love my husband but I never thought about him this much!
What should I do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I think if this other guy is on your mind this much, and you're asking these questions. It's probably time to end the relationship. Clearly, you can't be "just friends". You're married, and I assume since you're on cafemom there are children. Put the energy that you're putting into this "friendship" into bringing the romance and excitement into your marriage. Don't play with fire.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• hmmm... maybe you should talk to your huband about it
    Anonymous

• Wow,it's sounds dangerous to me,I've had the same thing happen.I would stop talking to him, before a situation arises were your not thinking clearly and may act on these feelings.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I agree with the first post
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Thats a toughie, I agree with the other ladies... If it were just dreams that would be one thing but during the day to... I say its time to distance yourself
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 6:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• imo you need to stay away from him
    Anonymous

• I completely agree with OhWrite....
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 7:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• bc obviously you keep thinking about him during the waking hours. Your brain pulls those thoughts back out at night during sleep. Fill up your mind with thoughts of other things.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he is the one that got away, and not becuase you don't love your hubby or love him. Just it is an unfinished relationship. Have a heart to heart with yourself. If you just recently bumbed into him then this hopfully will pass, if it doens't then you are really going to have to mind your p and q and have complete disclosure with your hubby.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009