how can i get a job?!?

i am pregnant and i have my 2 year old son 24/7. my fiance says i dont have to work but we are getting married in 3 weeks and trying to move into a house/apartment and we are really going to be short on money and i want to help out a little even if its a few days a week. my mom lives close by and will watch my son for free and what not but i am not really qualified to do much and i tried to get a job when i was pregnant with my son a few years ago and couldnt find anyone that would hire me. i feel like people wont hire you because you are pregnant, i am 5 months so no hiding it anymore! and the jobs around here are SO limited its ridiculous, help! lol (we live in SoCal)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe go back to school? You can get a pell grant which will give you extra cash and you can get a work study job that is only an hour or two a day. Thats what Im going to be doing in september, and I will be 27 weeks pregnant
    Anonymous

• If you have a college degree could you substitute teach?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• try temp agencies
    epecka

Answer by epecka at 7:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Try finding something online! There are quite a few groups on here that advertise WAH opps. including jobs and own businesses with no start up costs.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• my job just hired a lady that was 5 months pregnant, but before she could even finish training she started having contractions and her MD put her on bedrest. I'd suggest you stay at home if you can. If you really need a job then make sure its something where you aren't on your feet all day.
    Lesli310

Answer by Lesli310 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I feel the same way I tried and tried to get a job! But I have applied for so many jobs and no one has hired me and Im a very good worker too! Now Im almost 30 weeks!! So dont feel hopeless!!!
    Anonymous