are these okay exercises?

so today i decided i wanted to start exercising. but i really don't have the time to go out and run, or the money to join a gym soo here's what i did: 20 push-ups, 30 sit-ups, lunges, squats (while holding my son, that was hard!), and i ran up and down the stairs about 6 times. man, i know that wasn't a lot, but im beat! i pretty much just did what i could until it tired me out. haha. each day im going to try to do more and more. so, what do you think of my new exercise routine? should i add more things? change something? any advice would be awesome!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• just don't over do it cuz they you can end up quiting, mayb in a week add jumproping cuz that help a lot
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Moving your body any way you can is awesome! But like the pp said, don't over do it. Read this little article I came across awhile ago. It basically talks about women that started with just a minute per day of exercise started to feel so good about themselves that they continued on and became healthy. You are on the right track, keep it up!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• If you trying to lose actual fat just do some cardio for like two weeks. Then once you build up some endurance start with push ups and sit up for sculpting and toning. You have to make sure you don't start building muscle under fat. And of course like they have said don't over work yourself!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• what is your goal? toning? weight loss? general health improvement? My dr and physical therapist say running up and down stairs is too hard on your knees. They made me stop. Running is not good either plus with heat it would be out of the question. do sets of 12 with an increase in reps. make sure you do it every OTHER day giving your body a day to repair itself. lunges and squats are great. Do you have resistance bands and an exercise ball? they are both great and easy to do and you can do them with kids
    Anonymous

• You go girl. I wish I had it to do that. You rock
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009