can I throw my own shower?

This is my second baby and everyone says your only supposed to have a shower for the first one. So can I throw my own shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 7:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Yes and there is no reason why you cant have a shower for your second baby each baby is special and different you should have a shower for each one!
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• i agree i have 3 kids and had a shower for each
    Anonymous

• Very big etiquette NO-NO!! Most people consider it very tacky to throw your own shower, especially when it's not even your first baby. But, hey, whatever!

Anonymous

• You can have a shower if you want but since you've already had one baby try thinking of a new name for it. Instead of shower mabye it could be a Baby Sprinkle. (Just A Thought).
    I'm very picky about the way I want things done so I threw my own shower and it was a blast because everything was how I wanted it.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Who made the rule that you can only have a shower for the first one? Just tell everyone you're having a "party".
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Sure you can! Every baby is a special blessing, not just the first one!
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• No, you should not throw your own shower, especially if this is not your first baby. Second baby showers are fine if you have enough friends wanting to throw it for you, but doing it yourself is tacky.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• it could be a Baby Sprinkle.

THATS SO CUTE!!!

I'm throwing a shower 4 myself with my sister, I don't think theres a problem with it at all. CONGRATS!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I think I'm going to go against the grain here, but I personally feel like you shouldn't throw your own shower. You can ask a friend or a family member to do it, but if you do it it's like asking for more gifts. I think showers for second babies are perfectly fine though (especially if you're having a baby of a different sex OR it's been a while since your first and you don't have any baby things already).

I would advise to keep it smaller and to limit your registry to necessities. People like to pick out clothes and things that they think are cute so it's a waste of time to register for clothing anyway.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2009