I CANNOT stand my childs Father.

I'm 20 years old and pregnant with my first child. My boyfriend is 22 and immature and I just can't stand him! We decided to move in together, so we got our first apartment (I'm thinking it was a big mistake).

We talked before moving about how I don't have a job right now and I won't be able to pay for much, but I do plan on returning to school to finish my nursing degree after our daughter is born. But everytime we fight I get the "I pay for everything for you!" speech, when BEFORE we even moved in together we talked about this.

Sometimes I want to make things work then the next minute I'm on a mission to pack up and leave. Just EVERYTHING he does bothers me and makes me angry. I really can't stand sleeping in the same bed as him, HELL, I can't even be in the same room as him half the time. I love him but I don't. Confusing.. I know.

Any advice?

Jenna1388

Asked by Jenna1388 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hopefully its the hormones. But he does need to stop the "i pay for everything" speech. My husband says it and I lose it on him. He wanted me to be a SAHM.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Move out, get on PA, finish your degree, get a job, get off PA raise your kid, be productive in society.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you to moved in your relationship REALLY quick. Maybe you to should have some time apart. You thought he was the shit the night you got preggo. LOL (not bashing you) Seriouly, you two sound like you need some space apart and then see how things are from there.
    Anonymous

• how did you feel about him before you got preg? it might just be your hormones. i'm 26 wks preg and i'm still friends with my ex (not the father of my baby) and i couldn't stand to be around him the first 4 months of pregnancy, i litterally felt like i was going to puke everytime i saw him.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Remember that part of this is pregnancy hormones. Nonetheless, think about your situation long and hard. Maybe it would be best if you don't live together.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Why can't you get a job?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• men are like that alot often. He's probably really anxious about being a father, is this his first baby and your first baby too? It's stressful pregnancy and raising kids. Tell him you need now to have a time to talk with him every day about his worries and yours but without screaming cause it's not healthy for the baby. Focus on baby's health with him to distract him from that he's fighting with you.

Try that for a while and if it doesn't work then I'd think seriously about counselling somehow somewhere. I've fought to long to hard with my husband from early on. I should have stopped us unless counselling years ago. Don't become me. Congratulations on your baby, nurture him her and nurture you too by caring for yourselves and getting the respect you and baby deserve.
    Anonymous

• Its very possible that some of it is hormones, but the comment he made was way out of line. Sounds like you need to have a serious talk with him about his expectations and how you are feeling about it atm.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Nobody said I couldn't get a job, I just decided at 33 weeks pregnant I wouldn't work for the time being
    Jenna1388

Answer by Jenna1388 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Sweetie, I know EXACTLY how you feel...or pretty damn close! My bf annoys me to no end, doesn't do the little things that I ask of him (cleaning the cat box-I've been sleeping on the couch for the last 2 months & finally put a bed into the nursery so I could finally sleep on a bed!, wont take the garbage out, etc...). I sat him down & talked to him about everything (I'm unemployed too, but I make a decent amount of $ working outta our home & I also view moving in with him as a HUGE mistake), & told him that it's not about just "us" anymore, theres going to be a baby we need to care for, etc. I though it sunk into his thick skull, but apparently not b/c he's still doing the same DUMB shit!! I honestly think I will be moving out after our daughter is born, but feel that we should atleast give it fair shot before we call it quits. Oh boy....hun, if you ever wanna talk or vent (b/c I know I need it some times!!) feel free to pm m
    mandi0986

Answer by mandi0986 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009