Who else hates the idea of socialized health care?

I really don't want this to happen. We have excellent insurance and I know that if this does happen, we will lose it and have what everyone else has!

In 2006 my husband at the age of 32 had to have heart surgery. We were able to go to Cleveland Clinic and have the #1 surgeon -- the surgeon who pioneered invasive mitral valve repair -- Delos Cosgrove perform his surgery.

If we didn't have such wonderful insurance we would have had to go to a hospital around us, which in Upstate, NY, are very small hospitals and would not have had the expertise as Cleveland Clinic does. And that scares me!

So, yes, I'm against it unless we're able to keep the insurance we have now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Not me. I have amazing insurance, but I'm about to lose it and that would seriously help me out. I think about canada and france and how greeat their healthcare is and it makes me upset at America. I think everyone should be able to have health insurance no matter your income. It's better to be able to go to the doc than not at all.
    Anonymous

• It would mean I don;t have to be in a coma to even THINK about going to the dr.... and I can;t afford to get insurance.... hell I'm looking forward to military insurance.....
    singlemama20

Answer by singlemama20 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I am not sure how i feel, all i do know is everyone should be able to go to the doctor for both preventitive and reactive medicine. Every man woman and child should be able to go and get treatment for anything we dont have insurance my husbands job doesnt offer it and even if they did we couldnt afford the monthly difference in his check and the copays. quality health care shouldnt just be for the rich
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Read my Journal "No new enrollments for private insurance" Read the dan healthcare refirm bill the pdf file is right in that journal.I am HIGHLY against it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• damn* not dan
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I love the idea...though I'm not thrilled with how Obama is going about it
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 8:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• As with anything new, it will benefit some people not all. Those who do not benefit from it will bitch and complain, because they are greedy and they are not willing to share.
    Anonymous

• anon 8:47. Not willing to share???? NO I am NOT willing to share my hard earned insurance benefits with the ENTIRE nation. The entire nation includes some LESS than deserving people.

People need to stop looking to the Gov. for handouts...this is NOT how America was founded. It was founded on hard work and striving for the best. Now people just want the Gov. to provide it all.
    Anonymous

• LOL thats how it is huh? 8:47 because they are greedy and they are not willing to share? What a dumb response.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Lots of people choose not to have health care even if it is available. I want my own health care that I choose and Canada has crappy health care, why do you think the people that can afford it come here to be treated. We already have Medicaid and Medicare, look how well then govt manages those programs.  I'm tired of the govt trying to make decisions for me, remember a govt big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take it away.  I'm not against the govt offereing a plan for people without insurance, but don't take my choices away from me.

garynjakesmom

Answer by garynjakesmom at 8:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2009