they keep giving my kids candy(vent) suggestions welcome

my kids are on strict diets cause of food allergies and weight issues( they are under weight) tonight my friend and her bf came over and her bf gave them candy after i told him no they cant have it. one of the candies were cinnamon gummy bears and he gave one to my 19 month old first she choked on them and now she been puking she CANT have cinnamon and cause he snuck my oldest 2 candy they didnt eat dinner and my 5 yr is the biggest concern cause he lost 4 lbs and needs to have high protein and healthy carbs at every meal. i called her up and chewed her out i dont know how to make it more clear she knows my kids have the diet "restrictions" and her response was we wanted to spoil them some...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• and he says im being mean but im following orders from our ped and nutritionist and are only allowed certain foods
    Anonymous

• If she wants to spoil them, give her other options. Some people don't know how to spoil children other than to give them food. Give her a list of things they can have, or let her buy them some new clothes or a special toy or take them to the park.
    I think that it was not very smart of her to not listen to you, considering their food allergies. Some people just don't understand what a food allergy is.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let someone that irresponsible be around my children then

Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Tell them flat out (even though they already know) that your children have serious health issues and they are making your childrens conditions worse. If they try that crap again they are not allowed to be around your children anymore (even if you don't mean it, it gets the message across how serious it is). There is a difference between spoiling them and messing up their health.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I totally agree with anon 749... do that!!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• op here

I wouldn't let someone that irresponsible be around my children then

that is what i originally wanted to do cause this happen b4 after i told them they couldnt have candy but i was told i was being to harsh. i may sound like a b*** but no friendship is worth my children's health
    Anonymous

• You call them FRIENDS well i wouldn't any longer call them anything or have anything to do with them any longer.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• Those people would flat out not be around my kids anymore! I dont care if i never saw them again!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 8:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009