34 weeks and have a cold.

It started 2 days ago with a sore throat which progressed into complete congestion in my head i even sound congested, i went to bed last night with a dry cough, which is now turned into a hacking cough (as the day progressed it started to accumulate phlem in it). My nose is still runny, but when i go to blow it nothing comes out and its so dry that the tissue is bloody. The cough is persistant, and honestly its all making me miserable, besides cough drops is there ANY medicine I can take to relieve my symptoms and possibly sleep through a night? (this is my first pregnancy), thank you.

kduffy

Asked by kduffy at 7:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can take robitussin and Mucinex (or guaifenesin, just not the Mucinex DM). The Guaifenesin is awesome for helping get the congestion cleared up, and I was prescribed it when I was 18 weeks. You can ask you doc just to make sure but both products should be safe. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• I was sick when I was pregnant too, most of the time I took children's Tylenol cold medicine, but you can take other things like mucinex, but not DM like the other person said. Just ask you doctor. I was even prescribed antibiotics when I was pregnant and on allergy medicine because I am allergic to the outdoors and get really sick from it. I know it sounds gross, but saline drops or warm salt water in your nose my help with that part. The salt water can help the throat too, it just doens't taste great, unless you love salt. Good luck.
    flintb

Answer by flintb at 8:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• what can i do for the hacking cough with muscus?? my lungs feel like they are inflammed, they hurt so bad.
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 8:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2009