Is this normal?

Im 32 weeks (will be 33 weeks on Tues), and the last time I went to the Dr.s, I had pretty high BP (136/95). I have also been seeing "sparklies"-thats what I refer to them as-, and been getting nose bleeds quite often. They talked to me about toxemia, but I haven't been swelling or anything. I told my Dr. all this & my next appointment is Mon., but I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them...or knows anything about it. Thanks

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, 136/95 is pretty high but I've had higher. Mine was 170/110 when they decided to induce me, and oddly enough I didn't see any floaties or anything, just swelling! I see them now all the time with this pregnancy and with my last but didn't have high BP. Sometimes you can have some of the symptoms of preeclampsia but not all and then you get diagnosed with other things like hypertension. Anyway good luck to you!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2009

• your bp is kinda high but I've seen higher. I was put on bed rest the last month of my first pregnancy and then they took my son 2 weeks early beacuse of my bp. So all I can say is just be ready to be put in the bed. It sounds fun but trust me is not.
    Lesli310

Answer by Lesli310 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2009